Sunday, March 22, 2009

SHOULD WE ACCEPT EVERYTHING GRACEFULLY THAT IS EARMARKED FOR US BY THE GOD

Sometime back I was talking to friend and from his talks I could realize and sense that he is really frustrated and looked very dissatisfied with the chain of events taking place in his life। I was quite surprised and bit confused at his reaction since it was the same person who was considered very successful and confidant person just before about a year. Well many times I have seen that the people who are very efficient, confidant and successful can not remain equally at ease when they are faced with some adversities in life.

I did not want to advise or lecture my friend that how he should face the present circumstances and do not lose his cool, but certainly I wanted to help him to come out of his present state of mind। I thought that the best way would be to tell him something very inspiring that will definitely make him think again that this is all a part of our life and we must learn to accept it very gracefully and consider it as some thing that is earmarked for us by the GOD. I therefore told him a story about a famous American Tennis player Arthur Ashe.

Arthur Ashe, the legendary Wimbledon player was dying of AIDS which he got due to infected blood he received during a heart surgery in 1983. From world over, he received letters from his fans, one of which conveyed: "Why does GOD have to select you for such a bad disease"? To this Arthur Ashe replied: The world over – 50 Million children start playing tennis, 5 Million learn to play tennis, a half Million learn professional tennis, 50,000 come to the circuit, 5000 reach the grand slam, 50 reach Wimbledon, 4 to semi final, 2 to the finals, When I was holding a cup I never asked GOD "Why me?". And today in pain I should not be asking GOD "Why me?" Happiness keeps u Sweet, Trials keep u Strong, Sorrow keeps u Human, Failure Keeps u Humble, Success keeps u Glowing, But only God Keeps u Going.....


Yes you have guessed it very rightly that , this message was very effective for my friend and he looked very cheerful and confidant self again. I have seen that many a times in life we are bogged down with very simple issues and with a single track mind we continue to remain in a miserable state and often also resort to self pity. What is required at that is a small push or an inspiration from someone to make us think with different perspective on the same issue and we ourselves are only able find a best solution.

CHITARANJAN NAGRECHA

No comments:

Post a Comment